sexta-feira, 20 de setembro de 2013

Capela de Nossa Senhora do Ó

The "Senhora do Cais" chapel was built in the XVIIth  century next to the old city harbour. Inthe XIXth century its name was changed to "Senhora do Ó" chapel, when the statue of the Virgin Mary taken from the demolished chapel in the Ribeira Square was re-erected in it.

Capela de Nossa Senhora do Ó
Capela de Nossa Senhora do Ó

During the civil war (1832-33) it underwent some changes.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário